Malerie T. Anderson
Malerie T. Anderson, admitted to Texas State Bar 2013; Northern District of Texas, U.S. District Court 2014. Malerie’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, particularly construction defects and contract disputes. Guiding owners, developers, governmental entities, and nonprofit institutions through litigation and arbitration proceedings, she regularly advises clients prior to suit, throughout litigation, and during the appellate process. Malerie also has extensive experience analyzing and litigating a variety of commercial disputes, including real property and product liability issues. Her experience handling commercial and employment disputes has led her to work closely with clients to develop and implement procedures to avoid future litigation.
Prior to practicing law, Malerie served as a judicial intern for the Texas Fourth Court of Appeals to gain insight into trial tactics, courtroom procedures, and judicial decision-making processes. Malerie also served on the Volume 44 Editorial Board of the St. Mary’s Law Journal where she edited manuscripts and met with authors throughout the publication process.
Education: St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D. 2013; Texas Tech University, B.A. 2008
Presentations and Publications:
- The Art of Engagement Letters, For the Defense, DRI magazine, forthcoming April 2018
- Drafting Engagement Letters, The Advocate, Volume 81, Winter 2017, State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section Report (author)
- Appropriate Use of Social Media, Dallas ISD Employee Relations Retreat September 2016 (presenter and co-author)
- Employee Free Speech Rights in an Election Year, Education Service Center Region 11 HR Summit September 2016 (presenter and co-author)
- Attorney Fees and the Ethics Involved, Damages in Civil Litigation: State Bar of Texas February 2015 (presenter and co-author)